- Large size
- Slender, long and sharply pointed wings
- Long, sharply pointed bill
- Pointed tail with white patch. You can see the white patch in the first and third photos.
- This bird was identified as a Northern Gannet by our birding guide
- Merlin bird photo ID narrowed the ID of this bird to the Northern Gannet and three other birds. We were able to easily eliminate the other three birds.
- We believe this is a juvenile (1st year) Northern Gannet because of its dark and grey colors
The Northern Gannet is a new species to our Photographic Life List, which now stands at 918.