Photos of birds,nature & travel taken by a birder/amateur photographer. Included are photos from the following countries: - United States - Canada - Costa Rica - Panama - Australia - New Zealand - Fiji - South Africa - Zambia - Zimbabwe - Botswana - Trinidad & Tobago - Mexico - Bahamas - Jamaica - Grand Cayman - Portugal - Italy - Greece - Turkey
Friday, November 30, 2018
OCELLATED TURKEY, CALAKAMUL BIOSPHERE RESERVE, CAMPECHE,MEXICO, 11/7/2018
We can ID this turkey as an Ocellated Turkey as follows:
- Large size and shape
- Brightly colored plumage of green, blue, black and bronze
- Blue head and neck with red nodules on head
GRAY-CROWNED YELLOWTHROAT, HOCHOB MAYAN RUINS,CAMPECHE,MEXICO, 11/6/2018
Even thought this Warbler was quite far away and the photo is blurry, we can still ID this Warbler as a Gray-crowned Yellowthroat as follows:
- Gray crown with black mask (you can just make this out in the photo) between eyes and bill.
- Long tail
- Relatively stout bill. The lower mandible is pinkish and the upper mandible is darker. Again you can just make this out in the photo.
- Underparts and throat yellow
- Flanks are darker, but can't tell color from this photo
The long tail and relatively stout bill distinguish the Gray-crowned Yellowthroat from other Yellowthroats, such as the Common Yellowthroat.
The Gray-crowned Yellowthroat is a new species to our Photographic Life List, which now stands at 820.
Thursday, November 29, 2018
WATER CISTERN AT HOCHOB MAYAN RUINS, CAMPECHE,MEXICO, 11/6/2018
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)